July 7, 2012

Sheet music

As I awoke this morning in my childhood home, I descended the staircase and found the house to be silent and still. Photographs pass through my mind as I explore and I come upon the piano I spent my better years despising because I was made to love it, although I always didn't. I thought there were far better things for a seven-year-old to be doing rather than sitting with some wise and lovely elderly lady in her home and learning the art of reading music.
This morning, I feel drawn to sit at the old music box and tinker with it's keys. There is no sheet music that I can find to read as a guide and outside of it's center, this old thing is horribly out of tune.
Perfect fitting for my current state of mind.
Sometimes, even when you are searching so hard for it, there isn't a guide to read that will tell you the steps you must take to make the life that is meant to fulfill you. Sometimes we must look inside of ourselves and find our inner rhythm and music and let it form and let it flourish.
Often times as well, when we are playing our best and we know we have the right keys or are taking the right steps, our environment or the people around us make us sound out of tune, or out of place. Maybe it's not us that are making mistakes that ring out and sound off key. Maybe it's the perception in which our inner rhythm is perceived.
-E 

No comments:

Post a Comment