April 1, 2012

sunday funsday

I used to really dread Sundays and be in a silently stressed state of mind from the time I woke up until I tried to go to sleep at night, only to end up lying awake the better part of the night. That left me drained and not-so-pleasant for the duration of Mondays.
I'm a silent stresser through and through. If you're not catching my drift on what  I mean, then allow me to explain...
I've been told by many that I appear to be in a chill, kickback/laidback state all the time. When I first caught on to a lot of people describing me as that, I laughed because inside of my head is a stressed out hot mess for the most part and I think that I appear that way on the outside as well, but somehow I manage to convey a "calm as a bomb" exterior for the most part.
Anyway... I totally digress...
Lately, I have really been able to relax and enjoy Sundays to the fullest. In the back of my mind I still am worried that tomorrow is Monday and I may not have everything perfectly laid out for the rest of the week, but it's such a diluted version of what it used to be.
This morning, I woke up folded a massive mountain of freshly laundered linens, made coffee, worked out, went on a long walk with Stella, painted furniture, read, napped, went for Asian food (shout out to Jenni's Noodle House... it's flippin awesome food and service), grocery shopped, and I'm about to wind down and catch up on some quality Sunday night drama via Californication and House of Lies... All in all, it could have been a stress free Saturday if I didn't know better.

No comments:

Post a Comment